Tuesday 20 July 2010

Brewing Update


I brewed my sixth all grain beer last weekend. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster; I've brewed the best and worst brews ever on consecutive weekends.

The worst was an attempt at Brentwood Best which I think, suffered from a blip in my cleaning regimen. It didn't taste infected but it certainly tasted rank and it has been suggested to me that I may have failed to adequately rinse out the cleaner/sanitiser.

The best was a pale ale single hop beer for which I used Green Bullet at 90mins, 30 mins and flame out, 90% pale malt with 5% crystal and 5% torrefied wheat. Amazingly it was drinkable at 7 days in the bottle but at a month it is a crisp, thirst quenching pale bitter. There is a hint of aroma that doesn't actually encourage me to take a sip but, other than that, I'm well happy.

Last weekend I also put the finishing touches to my bar, I've eschewed my King Kegs in favour of four cornelius kegs, a chiller, three tap T-bar and a beer engine. Obviously I have a lot to learn about the set up (like not to leave the gas on for a start!) but it's a start and I hope to have four drinkable beers in there in a couple of weeks' time.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome blog post nice quality .bast VPN good VPN provider will offer servers in a large range of different countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing in detail. Your blog is an inspiration! Apart of really useful tips, it's just really ! This post will be effectively Just about everything looks good displayed. Vitezcleaningsolutions is the top office cleaning company in Australia.Office cleaning Melbourne, Commercial cleaning Melbourne ,Cleaning companies Melbourne ,Commercial cleaning services Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, It really is incredibly fantastic and informative website. Good to discover your site Very well article! I’m simply in love with it and if you ask me to describe it in a word.
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجده

    ReplyDelete